Sunday 27 September 2015

Getting ready to split

So, next year there is going to be a Split Worlds LARP ball, for those of you who don't know what the Split Worlds are, shame on you!

The Split Worlds are a series of novels written by Emma Newman. Link to the books here. They are fantastic, and for NineWorlds this year I cosplayed as Cathy or Catherine Rhoeas-Papaver, from the novels. This is me and Emma Newman. Before you get all clever, I know the dress isn't regency, or Victorian, but it's magic so totally canon for the books! ;) 


Well anyway, it's now been announced that there is going to be a LARP ball based on the novels in May (so totally awesome!) and it's now time to start costume planning. Link to event details here.

As such for the last month I've been looking at patterns and pictures and today I bought some fabric!!  I'm hoping to get two dresses done (with the help of my Gran!) so I've picked a gorgeous turquoise cotton for my day dress, with a brown cotton for the trim and a matching Spencer jacket. 


For my ballgown I've got a lightweight gold velvet (I wasn't sure about velvet, but the internet assures me there were velvet ballgowns in regency times so hopefully it'll be ok). I've got some lovely forest green ribbon for trim and I've just ordered a matching (I hope) shawl. 


So I'll keep you updated on my progress! With photos as we go. 

No comments:

Post a Comment