Sunday 26 October 2014

Powdered Suuuugggeeer!

Ok, I know... That reference only makes sense if you've seen the Bad lip reading Walking Dead Video. If not, well you're missing out!
"The Walking (And Talking) Dead"
Today's perfume is 'Blackwood Suger' and I wanted to give this one a test drive today as a friend of mine fancies the scent so I promised her Id review it! It's one of my top 5 perfumes from the sniff test, and for good reason. The scent contains white & brown suger, ginger, clove, cinnamon & oakwood. It is inspired by
Shirley Jackson's classic Southern Gothic novel, We Have Always Lived in the Castle.
Its a really gorgeous smelling perfume, the ginger makes it seem warming and everything else just makes it smell extra tasty, with the oakwood keeping it from being too sweet. Definitely a scent you want to wear if you're feeling a bit low and need a pick me up.
Unfortunately it just loses a point because the other half isn't a huge fan, but honestly I blame his nose for being stupid rather than the perfume. Although, to be super duper fair to his nose, I am asking his opinion stupidly early while he's still half asleep! 
8.5/10
I had promised a progress picture of the shawl I'm knitting, so here you go. Honestly it doesn't do it any justice.  The yarn is super fluffy and soft, and has a glimmer of hot pink running through it that the photo doesnt capture. I'm really pleased with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment