Tuesday 21 October 2014

*sniff test*

One of my treats to myself every now and then is artissan perfume. My best friend loves Black Pheonix Alchemy Lab perfume, and whenever I used to visit she'd drag out her huge collection of perfume bottles and let me try some on.
Unfortunately living in England BPAL perfumes are an expensive treat, as the shipping alone is pricey. So I started looking around for an artissan perfume seller closer to home and found a few which I tried out. Over the years I've found some I loved, and some I was utterly unimpressed by. But I think I have now finally found THE ONE!

The seller is Common Brimstone on Etsy, and lives in the UK so postage is cheap (thankfully) and she seems to share my taste in scents.  I decided to buy one or two bottles, but struggled to pick just one. So I decided to buy a sample pack of 10, and still struggled to get my choices down to 10!
But eventually I did, placed my order and sat down to wait... Yesterday my perfumes arrived up, and my do they smell nice.  To be honest, normally with a sample selection there's a couple that, when they arrive, you just don't like after all, or they don't seem 'you'. This time that isn't a problem, the problem is I like all of them!

After a lot of sniffing yesterday I finally separated out my Top 5: Oshun, Black Wood Sugar, Cinnamon Bird, Caramel Chai & Pumpkin Nuit
Middle 3: Cherry Kiss, Kitchen Witch & Constance
& the bottom two: Honey Badger & Bastet

But honestly its a very close thing, now I need to try out each scent and see what I think.
Today is the first scent, and one of my top 5. I had planned to save this one till later, but after an awful nights sleep last night I needed a pick me up!

The scent is called Oshun, which is apparently named for an Oshiri (goddess?) of love,  beauty of diplomacy.  An interesting mix, as is the scent, which apparently contains warm clove, amber, nutmeg, cinnamon, honey and pumpkin.
I really do love this one. Its warm, deep and comforting, without being too sweet or cloying. I want to wrap myself in it and snuggle in front of a fire with a good book.
9/10 (Honestly I'd give it full marks, but that seems daft on the first day!)

Oh and to keep it knitting related,  today Im trying out the socks I finished for the first time, they didnt need a sniff test though! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment